Spring 2023 Virtual Meeting and 2023 Annual ADMSEP Meeting announcements
Announcements for our Spring 2023 Virtual Meeting are posted.
Announcements for our 2023 Annual ADMSEP Meetings are posted. This includes meeting registration and meeting hotel reservation openings at group rates. See our meetings page for details.
Call for Abstract Proposals for 49th Annual ADMSEP Meeting
San Diego, CA. June 21-24, 2023
The keynote speaker will be Donna Elliott, M.D., Chair of the Department of Medical Education and Vice Dean for Medical Education at Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, CA
We invite you to submit abstract proposals on any topic relevant to medical student education in psychiatry.
The deadline for submission is Monday, October 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
We encourage submissions focusing on:
Professional identity development, Health Disparities, Cultural Competency, Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Social Determinants of mental health, Curriculum: active learning, redesign, assessment methods, New and emerging topics in medical student education and technology, Educational innovations
Abstract submissions will be accepted beginning Saturday, October 1st, 2022. To submit, please visit “Upcoming 2023 Meeting” and then on that page click on the “Submit Abstract” drop down box, then the actual link (which will appear 10/1/22). This will take you to the Cvent submission portal. Once there you will find specific guidelines for each type of submission, but for convenience, they are also listed below. Please note that we must have all relevant application components by the deadline of October 31.
We look forward to reading your submissions and organizing an outstanding conference!
Submission Guidelines: Only 3 presentations per presenter may be submitted (this does not include posters). There is a 5 co-author limit on all presentations. Please keep in mind, only people who are participating in the presentation should be included as a co-author.
The ADMSEP Annual Meeting Program Committee is accepting submissions for:
1. Plenary: 1-hour session consisting of a group of three to four individual presentations that are thematically related. Each individual presentation is a 12-15 minute formal talk, given by 1 or 2 individuals. This session is offered to all meeting attendees. Several people can submit abstracts for a plenary session they believe would fit well together; alternatively, the program committee can group individual submission with similar and related topics.
2. Workshop: 75-minute semi-structured learning session designed to facilitate interaction via active learning with a limited didactic element.
3. Discussion Group: 75-minute session consisting of 3 or 4 interactive presentations along a similar theme, each 12-15 minutes, along with time for discussion. The program committee may combine several abstracts on a similar topic. Presenters may submit 1 presentation for such a combination or may coordinate several submissions with other presenters.
4. Educational Innovation Brief Oral Presentation: Adapted from the popular PechaKucha model, this is a 7-minute presentation, using 20 slides for 20 seconds each. This session is designed to provide participants with a lively presentation of innovative approaches to medical student education. Presenters would submit a proposal for a 7-minute presentation. The program committee will then combine several brief oral presentations in succession, followed by time for discussion.
5. Poster Session: Submissions can be on a wide range of topics from educational research to descriptions of innovative approaches to medical student education. This year, as in the past, poster awards will be given at the Annual Meeting banquet based on final poster presentation by a panel of judges.
6. Media Session: The media session provides the opportunity to showcase useful online resources for ADMSEP members
View the 2022 Fall Virtual Meeting (aka Town Hall)
Town Hall on Medical Student Advising: September 15th, 4-6PM EST
Please join us for our Town Hall on the important topic of Medical Student Advising. We hope all ADMSEP members can join us for the discussion. The event will take place on Thursday, September 15th, 4-6PM EST. Read more here
Miss the 2022 Annual Meeting? Here's a chance to catch a glimpse
2022 Meeting Photos posted
2022 Meeting Evals and claim your CME credits! (Deadline Aug 16, 2022)
Please be sure to provide feedback to our 2022 Annual Meeting presenters and claim your CME credits! Be aware the deadline for this is Aug 16, 2022.
2022 Annual Meeting Announcements updated
Want to see the meeting PPTXs? We are starting our collection with our Keynote speaker; visit our members only area (login required).
ADMSEP 2022 Program Book and Annual Meeting announcements posted
ADMSEP 2022 Spring Virtual Meeting Recordings
Not able to attend the virtual ADMSEP Spring Meeting? Log into myADMSEP and watch the video recordings! Hint: Look for the "2020-2022 Virtual meeting recordings" on left center of the page.