Education scholarship can lead to academic promotion and leadership, both in home institutions and nationally. In order to do this, educational activities and innovations need to be studied. As physicians, we may not know how to make our educational efforts scholarly. The ADMSEP Education Scholars Program is a two-year faculty development program that provides ADMSEP members with foundational knowledge and mentorship in research methodology and scholarship in medical student education. Participants advance in scholarship skills that promote academic achievement and leadership, both in their home institutions and nationally. A Certificate of Excellence in Educational Scholarship is awarded to each Scholar upon completion of the program.
We are currently soliciting applications for our 5th cohort of Education Scholars.
· 2 year program of half-day structured pre-meeting workshops and didactics prior to the start of the ADMSEP Annual Meeting
· Program runs from June 2020 to June 2022
· Longitudinal components include scheduled conference calls throughout the two year period
· Scholars work with a local mentor and a senior ADMSEP mentor to complete a scholarly project
· Scholars present their completed scholarly projects as a poster at the final third ADMSEP meeting
· ADMSEP membership
· Psychiatry medical student educators at the junior or mid-career level with at least 2 years of experience in medical student education
· Applicants must commit to all components of the program: completion of an independent project, participation in all conference calls and attendance at 3 consecutive ADMSEP annual meetings
· Fee for the 2 year program is $1,000.
The deadline for submission is February 1, 2020.
For more information and the application, please see the Education Scholars web page
We look forward to receiving your applications,
Susan W. Lehmann, M.D. and Lisa Fore-Arcand, Ed.D., Program Directors